KODAI SANGYO CO., LTD. (KODAI) actively supports the advertising and promotion of its products by its international group of dealer stores, online shops and sales representatives. We have implemented this MAP policy to protect our strong reputation for providing customers with high quality products, and to enhance our image and competitiveness in the marketplace.
The MAP policy shall work under the following guidelines:
- The MAP pricing for all KODAI products shall not be less than 20% below the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) as published on the KODAI price sheet.
- Provided, however, that if the international group of dealer stores, online shops and sales representatives have clearance sale for the discontinued products, the MAP pricing for it may cut the price to 50% of the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) as published on the KODAI price sheet.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of KODAI products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, newspapers, magazines, email newsletters, Internet, and public signage.
- The MAP policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not distributed to any customer(s).
- If pricing is displayed, any strike-through or other alteration of the Minimum Advertised Price is prohibited.
- The MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which KODAI products are actually sold. KODAI dealers and sales representatives are allowed to sell for any price they choose within their retail location on over the phone.
- The MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All dealers and sales representatives may offer KODAI products at any price in excess of the MAP.
- The MAP policy is established by KODAI and may be adjusted at KODAI’s sole discretion when necessary.
- Intentional or repeated failure to abide by the MAP policy will result in termination of dealership or sales representatives. KODAI does not intend to do business with dealers or sales representatives who break the image of KODAI and its products.
This MAP policy has been established by KODAI to help ensure the reputations of KODAI as one of the best supplier of HINOKI products and to protect the reputation of its name and products. The MAP policy is also designed to ensure dealers, retail outlets and sales representatives have the incentive to invest resources into services for KODAI customers. Please indicate your understanding of this policy and your willingness to abide by its terms and conditions by signing and listing the name of your company below.
PDF(57KB) / MS Word(19KB)